Why Refining Edible Oil?
The crude oil obtained from oil expellers or solvent extraction contains impurities such as phosphatides, free fatty acids (FFA), pigments, off-flavor, etc. Oil Refining is a series of process to remove these impurities. After refining, the flavor, color, and smell of oil is improved, the stability is improved which is good for long time storage, the smoke point of oil is increased. We provide 10T/D edible oil refinery plant for you. Besides, 1-5T/D edible oil refining line and 20T/D edible oil refining line are also available.
Wide Application of 10T/D Edible Crude Oil Refinery
1. The 10T/D crude oil refinery can refine various kinds of oil, such as peanut oil, sesame oil, soybean oil, rapeseeds oil, sunflower oil, cotton seeds oil, palm kernel oil, flax seeds oil, camellia oil, hemp seeds oil, castor seeds oil, mustard seeds oil, etc.
2. The complete oil refining plant can work independently or together with whole oil production line. The capacity can be customized. We provide two engineers after your receipt of equipment for on-site installation, debugging and training.
10T/D Edible Oil Refining Equipment
* Refining Tank: remove the gum, phosphoric acid etc. (2 sets)
* Bleaching Tank: remove the pigments from neutralized oil. (1 set)
* Stainless Steel Deodorizer: remove the solvent, smell, water from decolorized oil (1 set)
* Steam Generator: produce steam for the workshop (1 set)
* Heat Conduction Furnace: provide enough heat for the refining sections (1 set)
* Other Auxiliary Equipment: Air compressor, pumps, filters, etc.
The process of 10T/D Edible Oil Refining
The degumming process uses hot water to hydrate phosphatides and gets them removed. The oil then goes through heating, drying and cooling. Before degumming, a plate oil filter is utilized to reduce the content of mechanical impurities, and further avoid emulsification or too much neutral oil contained in feet. The hydrated oil feet can be dried for lecithin, which is used for food additives and feed additives.
The purpose of neutralizing is to remove free fatty acids (FFAs). Accompanied with continuous stirring, caustic solution (NaOH) is pumped into the degummed oil to react with free fatty acids and form soapstocks, which settle down and are pumped into the soapstocks tank for recycling. The oil is pumped into the water tank and washed with hot water for 2-3 times till the waste water is clean, then dried and cooled. The byproduct soapstock can be used for the manufacture of soaps and biodiesel, added in livestock feed, or treated for the fatty acids it contains.
Bleaching process uses bleaching earth to remove pigments in oil. Degummed and neutralized oil are pumped into this system, preheated and then mixed in the bleaching tank under vacuum state with bleaching earth to adsorb pigments. Then the mixture is dried, and filtered to remove clay.
The purpose of deodorizing is to remove odor substances(mainly FFA) that are naturally present in the oil or created during processing. The bleached oil is subjected to steam distillation under high temperature and high vacuum to evaporate all odor substances, and then cooled and filtered to remove metallo-chelate. Fatty acids in the volatile gas are trapped by the fatty acids trap, then cooled and stored in the fatty acids tank.
1. Every process should be strictly controlled so that to do well to the next steps.
2. The bleaching process is not to be omitted even if the color of the oil is shallow.